The Aveeno Daily Moisturizer is many people’s go-to moisturizer since it is affordable, good quality, and available for purchase at multiple distributors. The product has high ratings and mostly positive reviews since it is praised for being versatile. Can you use Aveeno Daily Moisturizer on your face?
Aveeno Daily Moisturizer is considered a multipurpose product and can be used on the face as a moisturizer. While the product is not specifically made for the face, it is 100% non-comedogenic, meaning it will not clog your pores, and therefore should not cause any problems.
Buy the Aveeno Daily Moisturizer here on Amazon – I use it daily!
Aveeno offers many hydrating products made specifically for the face, a better alternative when considering using the Aveeno Daily Moisturizer. While the product is safe to use on the face, it is not recommended to do consistently, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Aveeno Daily Moisturizer as Face Moisturizer
The Aveeno Daily Moisturizer is a body lotion that promises to “improve the health of your skin in one day” when applied. The formula instantly relieves dryness and leaves the skin soft and supple. This product is great as applied by morning or by night, or at any given time as needed. It works as a soothing finish after shaving, and keeps the skin healthy without leaving much of a residue. There are a series of elements which characterise this product as multipurpose, and such a customer favorite. It can be applied on top of a healing tattoo, sunburns, or mosquito bites to calm down irritation.
The ingredient list of the product is simple in general terms. It does not contain too many ingredients, as follows:
- Dimethicone 1.25%: common active ingredient among moisturizers, used for treating damaged, dry, itchy, and scaly skin types. This ingredient is considered generally safe to be used on the face, however has led to acne in certain cases of people with sensitivities.
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour: highly efficient ingredient which soothes redness and irritation, has been known to relieve certain skin disorders, is anti aging, deeply moisturizes the skin, and protects the skin from possible damage. This ingredient is commonly found in many other Aveeno products, as is safe for use on the face.
- Benzyl Alcohol: used as a preservative and solvent agent. While it is deemed safe for the face, it can lead to itchiness, and in severe cases, irritation.
- Cetyl Alcohol: emulsifier and thickening agent. It is considered completely safe and nontoxic when used in the face, and it leads to no irritation as other types of alcohol do.
- Distearyldimonium Chloride: common ingredient within body creams, this has highly efficient moisturizing properties. In general terms it is considered a gentle ingredient that should cause no side effects, and can be used on the face.
- Glycerin: effective moisturizing component that is used specifically to heal peeling or flaky skin. While it is considered safe to be used on the face, it can lead to excessive oiliness.
- Isopropyl Palmitate: thickening agent derived from coconut oil. Can be safely used on the face when diluted. Otherwise, the formula is too concentrated and it can lead to severe breakouts.
- Petrolatum: medical agent used to treat burned or damaged skin, highly effective as a deep moisturizer. It is considered a gentle ingredient, safe to be used on the face especially around dryer areas.
Other ingredients include sodium chloride and water, and both are safe on the face, too. Read more on the ingredients and possible effects here.
While the Aveeno Daily Moisturizer is meant to be used as a body lotion, it can also be used on the face ‘safely’ in general terms. Consider however your skin type, and what the possible consequences would be after reading the ingredient list.
If you are looking for an everyday moisturizer, it is recommended to purchase one specifically made for facial use instead, with a gentle formula. Aveeno has great options, which can be purchased here.