Biotin, also referred to as vitamin H, is a B complex vitamin that helps the body turn food into an energy source. A daily intake is recommended due to its benefits regarding the skin, hair, eyes, liver, and overall nervous system of individuals. Biotin can be consumed orally through capsules, but it has been incorporated in many other products to further enhance its use on different parts of the body.
Biotin shampoo has become quite popular in recent years, and is considered one of the healthiest and most nourishing options for hair care.
Biotin can be safely used and consumed as long as the recommended intake is not surpassed; the vitamin is water soluble, and when there are no deficiencies within the body, it is simply passed out through urine.
Biotin Shampoo Facts
Biotin plays an important role in our overall health; it is necessary for healthy cell growth, important for the synthesis of fatty acids, and key to the metabolism of amino acids. When placed as a component within shampoo, biotin helps promote hair growth, keep the hair shiny, and works to thicken the hair by strengthening the strands. Consider the following facts as reasons on why you should incorporate a biotin containing shampoo within your hair care routine:
- Helps improve hair loss by stimulating hair growth. Biotin can be safely used when pregnant, during which hair loss is common. It has also been known to improve the effects of hair loss conditions.
- Conditions hair and helps damage any split or dry ends – improves not only their appearance but their internal states as well.
- Deeply cleanses the scalp by removing any flaky skin cells that can prevent further hair growth by covering the hair follicles and lead to consistent itchiness.
- Nourishes the hair strands and the scalp by deeply hydrating both, and helps promote the natural production of sebum. A healthy scalp is necessary for the pores to absorb the biotin and deeply nourish from within as well.
- Repair any damage that may have been caused by tints, chemicals, and other commercial shampoo brands.
Recommended Biotin Shampoos
Biotin shampoos and hair products are recommended for both men and women, especially those who have weakened hair or are suffering from hair loss. Consider the following options:
- R+Co – Dallas Biotin Thickening Shampoo: Made specifically for thinning hair types, it promotes healthy hair growth and nourishes from root to tip. It includes other vitamins but is centered on the use of biotin to strengthen the hair and scalp.
- Ogx Beauty Thick & Full Biotin and Collagen Shampoo: Texturizing shampoo with the purpose of thickening the hair strands and giving a voluminous finish.
- Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Hair Volumizing Shampoo: Supports long term hair growth, creates thicker looking hair, and deeply cleanses the scalp without stripping the hair of its natural oils. This product is considered a ‘clean beauty’ product seeing as it is free of sulfates, parabens, and more.
- Avalon Organics Shampoo, Thickening, Biotin B-Complex: Works by energizing the scalp into consistent hair production. This product is promoted specifically for individuals with thinning hair types.
- Kevin Murphy Plumping Wash: Promises to transform the hair shaft into full, thick, shiny and healthy strands. This product is meant to ‘renew’ damaged hair strands and helps nourish split ends.
Biotin products can be found in most cosmetic stores, distributed throughout different product types. Biotin shampoo is a great way to incorporate biotin in your beauty routine, to help create healthy, long lasting, nurtured hair that is healthy from within.
Biotin supplements are also recommended and can be taken along with using the shampoo; the capsules will simply speed up the effects of the biotin and work from within, while the shampoo tackles the exterior of the hair and scalp primarily. There are endless biotin shampoo options, both affordable and more expensive, as seen in the list above.