Cetaphil is known for offering ‘gentle skin products’ at an affordable price point. The company sells a variety of products, but are all equally as gentle. Are Cetaphil products oil free?
Not all Cetaphil products are oil free, but many are. Oil free products are usually promoted for individuals with sensitive and acne prone skin, which can be irritated by certain kinds of oils. The Cetaphil products that contain oils are made for individuals with dryer or combination skin types.
Cetaphil is praised for its array of scent-free, non harsh products which avoid chemical build up and treat the skin with no harsh abrasives. They offer products for all skin types, even products made for babies using the gentlest formulas.
Oil-Free Cetaphil Products
Oil free products are specifically made for individuals who suffer from extremely sensitive skin, who have naturally oily skin, or who are prone to breaking out. They work by gently cleansing the skin without adding excessive hydration. Consider the following products:
- Gentle Skin Cleanser: Cetaphil’s best selling formula, this cleanser is composed of a soap-free, fragrance free, hypoallergenic, and non comedogenic formula. It can be used on both the body and face, and contains no traces of oils.
- Extra Gentle Daily Scrub: Exfoliating cleanser that includes small granules that gently, yet efficiently scrub away all traces of impurities. The product is oil free yet is not overly drying or harsh on the skin.
- Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths: Soap-free clothes that are gently massaged on the face to remove any dirt or overall impurities. The gentle formula will not strip the skin and cause any kind of abrasiveness.
- Daily Hydrating Lotion with Hyaluronic Acid: Effective moisturizer that contains no oil, and instead hydrates the skin with a ‘water based’ formula. The hyaluronic acid also acts as a hydrating agent allowing the skin to remain soft and supple for extended periods of time.
Cetaphil Products That Contain Oil
Certain individuals require more hydrating skincare products, especially if they suffer from dry skin that could use consistent moisturizing. Consider the following products:
- Daily Facial Cleanser: Recommended for all skin types, this classic formula removes any traces of dirt and makeup off the skin without stripping the pores of their natural oils and creating any irritation. This formula is hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic.
- DermaControl Purifying Clay Mask: Made for cleaning pores, removing dead skin cells, and smoothing out skin texture for a healthy glow. The product is also fragrance free, and moisturizing. When applied, the formula remains a creamy texture, and does not dry on the skin, which can lead to superficial skin tears and other complications.
- Foaming Face Wash for Redness Prone Skin: Gentle facial cleanser that will not dry out the skin with any harsh chemicals, but will effectively remove all dirt and makeup. This formula was designed specifically with individuals with irritable skin types.
- Rich Hydrating Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid: A thick, potent night cream to replenish the skin during the night hours to wake up to a refreshed, highly moisturized face. The product is both gentle and soothing, and when used as indicated will greatly improve the appearance of your skin.
Cetaphil is a highly versatile brand that offers an array of products for all skin types, including a line of baby products. Not only are the products affordable, but they are made available to people with dry skin, combination skin, oily skin, and acne prone skin.
Choose your Cetaphil products according to your particular skin type, as indicated on the brand website. There are multiple oil free products, and oil containing products; neither is better than the other, they are simply different and designed for different purposes. Customers may also consider combining the products. If your skin type is defined as ‘combination’, you can choose an oil free face wash but then opt for an oil containing face moisturizer for deep hydration.